While in Android Messages, you can select the 3 dots in the upper right side of the messages (thread) screen, then select "Settings", then "Advanced" and "Enhanced Features". You can see if RCS is toggled on or off.
If you do not see those options to enable enhanced features, then you do not have RCS capabilities.
The instructions below will prepare your device for RCS and to allow you to receive test messages from Sinch via the Google RCS Business Messaging service.
If you don't already have one, set up a Google account that gives you access to access to Gmail (for more information see this article
Follow the instructions in this article. Ensure the account set up before is the only Google account on the device.
If you already have Android Messages installed on the handset, it is best if you uninstall and re-install it after the Google account has been added. This will ensure you have the most recent version of Messages for RCS for testing.
Android Messages can be found on the Play Store
An up-to-date version of Google Carrier Services should also be installed on the device. You can ensure you have the most recent version by going to the app page on the Google Play Store
Please note: the location of some of the UI elements described in the steps below may vary from handset to handset.
- Open Android Messages. When prompted, approve Android Messages to become the default app for messaging
- Be sure the handset is connected to Wi-Fi and is in Airplane mode
- Tap the menu button (three vertical dots) in the top-right of the app
- Tap Settings
- Tap Chat features
- If the Enable chat features toggle is turned off, turn it on by tapping it once.
- If the Enable chat features toggle is already on, you’re all set!
Once your device is configured and you have verified RCS is action, your Sinch account manager will need to make you a tester.
- Contact Sinch and request an ‘Agent Invite’ be sent to your device
- You will receive a message from '[email protected]' saying "You've been invited to become a tester of the RBM agent: [your_brand_name]"
- Tap "Make me a tester"
You will now be able to receive test messages
Updated 3 days ago