XML API is known to be the industry standard for sending and receiving rich multimedia content by providing higher throughput and customer satisfaction.
Sinch offers MMS capabilities for its customers over the XML API. XML API is known to be the industry standard for sending and receiving rich multimedia content by providing higher throughput and customer satisfaction.
Some of the key features of XML API are:
- Sure Route Mobile Terminated Message: Customer’s don’t have to specify the destination network operator while using the XML API, they can just specify the telephone number where the message needs to be delivered and Sinch with determine the correct network operator for this number.
- Device Profile: The device profile, if available, is also included along with the delivery receipt and MO MMS message. System-wide database of last know device profile per phone number is maintained, updated whenever carrier database is queried or delivery receipt is received.
- Fallback SMS: Fallback SMS is available thorough our XML API, if the rich media file size is larger than the device’s maximum file size, a fallback SMS will be sent. Also, also if the device doesn't support rich media content then a fallback SMS is sent. The customer can specify the default message text to be delivered to end users.
- Transcoding and Content Adaptation: XML API offers transcoding and content adaptation to our customers where adaptation of source media is needed to match the destination terminal profile. This feature uses device discovery results.
- Higher Throughput: Customers using XML API send messages over the MM1 connection thus providing higher throughput
- saveMMS/sendSavedMMS: XML API allow users to save their MMS from XML using the saveMMS API, once the MMS is saved, it can be utilized by other functions through the mms-id returned. Users can then call sendSavedMMS API to send stored content from a specified account. This allows user to send a burst of messages with avoids any latency and consumes less bandwidth.
Sinch XML MMS API Methods:
||This API stores an MMS from XML.|
||This API sends stored content from a specified account using an mms-id to a single mobile number.|
||Sends an MMS defined in the XML containing slides of embedded with,video, audio, images and/or text to a single or list of mobile numbers,in international number format.|
The following URL can be used by the XML API.