Prioritizing your channels
Conversation API allows you send messages across multiple messaging channels. Once you have configured all your channels, you can reorder the channels according to your preferences and priorities. If there is no preference set, the priority is based on the following criteria:
- If a conversation with the contact exists: Conversation API tries the active channel of the conversation first.
- Then, any existing channels for the contact, ordered by contact channel preferences (if given).
- Lastly, the existing channels for the contact are ordered by the app priority.
You can define the app channel priority in several ways, including:
- In the Customer Dashboard . Click here to learn how.
- Using the API. For example, when you create or update an app, or when you send a message .